Murrah & Killough, PLLC provides an innovative approach to legal services for growing and mature businesses. As a team of senior business lawyers with substantial in-house experience we provide corporate legal services as needed at a fraction of the cost of hiring a full-time in house attorney or relying exclusively on an outside law firm and their high hourly rates. Our clients typically develop a working relationship with one lawyer but have access to the whole team for specific expertise.
Our outside general counsel services fall into two main categories: (1) those without in-house counsel who need regular, on-going legal support but do not wish to hire a full-time in-house lawyer, and (2) those with in-house counsel who do not wish to add more full-time attorneys to their existing in-house staff but need assistance with seasonal or over flow work..
With our prior in-house experience and substantial industry knowledge, we get up to speed quickly on your business and, like an in-house lawyer, develop an intimate knowledge of your internal systems and external relationships.
As outside counsel, we believe that an attorney should be a key business advisor, not just a legal technician. We provide a business-focused and practical approach to problem solving. We use our considerable business experience to provide our clients with proactive legal risk management, helping avoid problems before they arise.
Negotiating and drafting contracts
- Software/technology/license agreements
- Contract research and development agreements, clinical trial agreements, product commercialization agreements
- Professional services agreements
- Development/outsourcing agreements
- Early-stage and follow on venture financing
Negotiating, drafting, and reviewing leases
- Real estate
Handling employment matters
- Offer letters and employment agreements
- Severance agreements
- Employee handbooks
Managing Corporate Governance
- Attending board meetings and drafting minutes
- Preparing and managing stock option plans
Risk Management Policies and Procedures
Privacy and Data Security
- Data privacy (privacy policies, privacy compliance)
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Complete transaction support for a range of M&A deals
- Due diligence and deal support for large, complex transactions
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Entity formation and startup
The Benefits of an Independent General Counsel are:
- the ability to operate at a senior level in the company’s organization;
- a close understanding of the company’s policies, strategies and objectives;
- a close understanding of the company’s operating methods, processes, products, suppliers and customers;
- the ability to manage legal risk, to analyze the company’s strategies and in order to identify legal issues, and to develop plans and programs to manage and, if possible, to avoid legal problems that arise;
- the timely delivery of work of high technical quality that also provides practical solutions which meet the company’s business goals;
- the ability to work closely and co-operatively with company personnel, suppliers and customers as may be required;
- the ability to add value to the efforts of internal clients, whether this is by saving money, avoiding losses, solving problems, achieving their business objectives, by using knowledge and skills to improve the way the company manages its legal risks and pursues its legal rights and opportunities; and
- the ability to manage external legal services for extraordinary legal issues that arise (e.g., litigation; public/private securities offerings; bankruptcy) in a cost-effective way that achieves optimum benefits for the company.
Contact us to find out how Murrah & Killough can help meet your legal needs for your organization affordably and responsively.